Published May 19, 1998
Volume 6, Number 5
Smoothies, Fresh Juices and More are on the Menu as Jamba Juice Opens in Hacienda
Jamba Juice offers fresh fruit juices, smoothies, and more blended into unique, healthy fare.
One of the hottest restaurants today comes to Hacienda as Jamba Juice opens in mid-June at 4555 Hopyard Road.
Jamba Juice offers a broad selection of blended-to-order smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, and healthy snacks. It was recently selected by Nation's Restaurant News as one of eight Hot Concepts! award winners for 1998. The awards are given to the most promising young restaurant concepts in the foodservice industry.
Off to a SLO Start
The company started in 1990 in San Luis Obispo, where founder Kirk Perron began making himself fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies to satisfy his thirst after long bike rides.
He thought that others might enjoy his creations, so he opened his first store, Juice Club. The restaurant was an instant success, providing healthy, fresh juices and smoothies.
More stores were opened as Juice Club rode the wave of the public's increasing awareness of nutrition, nutritional supplements, and the value of fresh foods. Additional locations opened and the company's name changed to Jamba Juice.
The opening of the Hacienda Jamba Juice brings the total number of the restaurants to over 80. Most locations are in California, with stores in both Northern and Southern California as well as the Central Valley, with some locations in Arizona.
As the company has grown, it's been featured in the New York Times, U.S. News & World Report, Inc., the San Francisco Chronicle, Sunset magazine, and more.
A Tasty Menu
Jamba Juice has a menu filled with tasty, healthy choices.
Their specialty is the Jamba Smoothie, mixtures of fresh juices, fruits, and other ingredients. Some favorites include:
- Peach Pleasure—peach juice, peaches, banana, orange sherbet, and ice;
- Hawaiian Lust—pineapple juice, strawberries, banana, coconut, agave, and ice;
- Femme Phenom—especially for women, with iron, folic acid, calcium, pineapple juice, peaches, banana, nonfat plain and frozen yogurts, pineapple sherbet, and ice; and
- Orange Oasis—fresh orange juice, strawberries, banana, nonfat frozen yogurt, and ice.
Each smoothie comes with a free JuiceBoost, which is a special blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbs and other nutrients designed to meet the body's needs in a variety of ways.
Popular JuiceBoosts include:
- Vita Juice Boost for Total Health100% daily value of 18 vitamins and critical minerals;
- Fiber Juice Boost for Circulatory and Digestive Healthdietary fiber and active cultures for total digestive health.
Grand Opening in July
The Hacienda Jamba Juice will begin business in mid-June, with a special grand opening event from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on July 11. As part of the store opening, a local school will receive five percent of the first week's sales.
Also in this issue ...
- Shaklee to Break Ground on Campus May 28
- Alliance Semiconductor Opens New Design Annex
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Kevin Keller, ESQ Business Services
- Jamba Juice to Open in Hacienda in Mid-June
- City Transportation Survey to be Used for Planning I-680 Express Bus, More
- Everybody's Discovering Gold at the Alameda County Fair
- Support the Arts with Classical Philharmonic's Beer, Wine and Pops
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Coming to Hacienda
- Summer's Coming—Time to Spare the Air
- Wheels of Thunder Bike Races come to Park June 6
- Hacienda Index