Published October 22, 1998
Volume 6, Number 10
- For the second year, Clausen Computer Solutions has been appointed to the Compaq Small/Medium Business (SMB) Dealer Advisory Council. The Council, composed of representatives from 35 resellers nationwide, provides a sounding board for Compaq as it relates to sales to the small/medium business market.
- Documentum was named by Deloitte & Touche as the tenth fastest growing high technology company in the coveted Fast 50 List. With a five-year revenue growth of more than 3500 percent, Documentum ranked third among the fastest growing Silicon Valley software companies.
- Hexcel Corp. celebrated its 50th birthday on September 30. The $1.3 billion manufacturer of advanced materials used in items ranging from golf clubs to aircraft was founded in 1948.
- Three Hacienda companies made the East Bay Business Journal's list of the area's largest homebuilders. Signature Properties ranked fourth, with 347 units sold in the East Bay from February '97 to May '98. Standard Pacific followed at seventh with 249 units, one more than Pulte Homes, listed at eighth with 248 sales.
- Dutra Realty has been ranked 83rd in sales in the United States by National Relocation and Real Estate magazine. The company, expected to exceed $1 billion in sales this year, was ranked 96th last year.
- Individual Software has released ResumeMaker with Career Planning a combination of ResumeMaker, Individual's best-selling resume software, and Career Counselor, career planning software from KAPLAN, a recognized expert in career services.
Also in this issue ...
- SBC Research Group Comes to Hacienda
- Marzel's Offers Help to Cancer Survivors
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Pam Chadwick, Borders Books
- Businesses Throughout Hacienda Gearing Up for Holiday Food Drive
- Pleasanton's Business Groups Offer Ways to Expand Your Contact with the Community
- Parent-Teacher Organization Offers Child Safety Workshop Bonanza
- Hacienda Index