Published January 19, 1999
Volume 7, Number 1
- Several Hacienda companies were named in Fortune's list of the best 100 companies to work for. Included were PeopleSoft (6), Hewlett-Packard (10), Marriott International (44), Starbucks (55), Lucent Technologies (62), Sun Microsystems (63), Wal*Mart (66), and FedEx (79).
- Infonautics, Inc. has released a new version of its business information service, Company Sleuth (www.companysleuth.com). The service delivers custom-tailored business reports via e-mail drawn from a variety of online sources, at no charge to recipients.
- Kronos Inc, the industry leader in frontline labor management solutions, has unveiled Smart Scheduler, the industry's first client/server, enterprise employee scheduling solution for retailers. Smart Scheduler, an intelligent labor scheduling application, was designed to automate a retailer's entire employee scheduling process from forecasting business and staffing needs to schedule generation and executive reporting.
- PeopleSoft has won a $5.3 million contract from Alameda County as the governmental agency seeks to update the computer systems used to run the county's major business operations. The contract requires PeopleSoft to provide software, maintenance, and training for the project.
- A report released by International Data Corp. (IDC) names Documentum, Inc. as the leader in the business-process-centric segment of the electronic document management (EDM) market, with 36.6 percent market share.
- Vanstar Corporation has signed a contract expected to generate $45 million in revenues with Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, the largest HMO in New England.
Also in this issue ...
- Sun Offers Alternative to Traffic Jams
- ADG Lands Wausau Mortgage for New Facility
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Dan White, SkillSet
- Quality Food on the Go is the Goal of Run · Burger · Run
- Hacienda Construction Continuing at a Brisk Rate with PeopleSoft, Shaklee, and More
- Looking to Contribute to the Community? Join the Human Race
- Tri-Valley Herald's Book Bucks Program Returns
- Hacienda Index