Published April 20, 1999
Volume 7, Number 4
Tauscher, Davis Visit Hacienda Child Development Center
California's First Lady Sharon Davis, left, visited Hacienda with Representative Ellen Tauscher.
On April 9, U.S. Representative Ellen Tauscher was joined by Sharon Davis, wife of California Governor Gray Davis, and State Senator Liz Figueroa for a tour of the Hacienda Child Development Center, a child care facility and pre-school for children up to six years of age.
Tauscher, who has taken an active interest in child care issues during her term, frequently tours child care facilities in order to keep informed on the issues facing both parents and child care providers. Last month, she sponsored a new bill, the Affordable Child Care, Education, Security and Safety (ACCESS) Act, which attempts to address many of these issues.
Tauscher was impressed with the facility, which offers both child care and a structured curriculum for children.
"The Hacienda Child Development Center is truly one of the most innovative and highly respected child care facilities that I have visited since being elected to Congress," said Tauscher to a gathering of press and local citizens.
Davis was also generous with her praise of the facility. "This is a perfect example of what we would like all day care to be for children," she said. "Not only does it provide great care for children, it provides enrichment."
Also in this issue ...
- GST Network Carries Internet, Voice, Data
- Dreyer's, Godiva Team for Tasty Treats
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Richard Peterson, California Prune Board
- New Archstone Apartments Available for Pre-Leasing
- Hacienda Offers a Variety of Home-Buying Resources for First-Time, Experienced Buyers
- Living in Hacienda Gives the Best Commute
- Tauscher, Davis Visit Hacienda Child Development Center
- Chamber's "Leadership Pleasanton" Offers Insights to Future Leaders
- Hacienda Index