Published August 17, 1999
Volume 7, Number 8
- Circuit City Stores, Inc. has launched an e-commerce web site, www.circuitcity.com, offering consumers a wide selection of consumer electronics, personal computers and appliances. The new site allows e-shoppers to access extensive product information, conduct side-by-side price and feature comparisons, and purchase products on line. In a unique twist, Circuit City gives customers the option to either pick up their purchases from a convenient store location or have their products shipped directly to their home.
- GE Plastics' CYCOLOY PC/ABS resin plastics, used in Hewlett-Packard's next-generation server cabinets, won the Computer and Business Equipment category at the Structural Plastics '99 conference in Boston. The modular plastic panels replaced sheet metal in the product, creating a more easily accessed, durable, and stylish product.
- Sprint PCS has announced introduction of the Sprint PCS Wireless Web in late September. The product offers a suite of products which will allow access of Internet content on Sprint PCS phones as well as via laptop computers, palmtops, and other Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs).
- Mallinckrodt and Premier Purchasing Partners, L.P., have extended their existing corporate partnership agreement by two years and expanded its scope. New Mallinckrodt technologies and products added to the partnership agreement include Nellcor pulse oximeters and sensors, Liebel-Flarsheim power injector disposables and Optison, the only U.S.-marketed ultrasound contrast media.
- Paragren's One-By-One strategic marketing system has been selected by PNC Bank Corp. for development and deployment of advanced marketing programs across the organization. By implementing a "single solution" relationship marketing system, PNC will significantly improve its campaign management process, respond rapidly to changes and deliver campaigns that provide timely offers to its customers.
Also in this issue ...
- Two New Projects Announced for Park
- Four Points Sees New Renovations, More
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Chris Nozet, Kronos, Inc.
- Jerry Lewis Telethon Finds a Local Home at Goal Line
- Pleasanton's Parks Offer a Host of Outdoor Hiking and Recreation Opportunities
- BART Offers Workshop for New Riders
- On-Site Training Programs Offered by Center for Business and Education Partnerships
- Hacienda Companies to Compete at TechFest '99
- Hacienda Index