Published October 19, 1999
Volume 7, Number 10
- PeopleSoft is acquiring The Vantive Corporation in a stock for stock transaction. The merger will enable the combined company to offer a comprehensive e-business solution providing robust applications to attract, service, retain, and analyze customers. Building upon several product integrations completed during the course of a long-term partnership, PeopleSoft will now fully integrate Vantive's customer-focused solutions into PeopleSoft's broad offering of e-business applications, enabling the combination of customer information, transactional data and business intelligence for a 360-degree view of the customer life cycle.
- Hacienda's Computer Networks, Inc., has been purchased by FutureLink Distribution Corp. "The application service provider model demands a keen technical understanding of server-based computing technology and system integration methodologies," said William Botti, CNI's president. "No company has more experience or expertise in helping companies advance to this new computing model than FutureLink."
Botti will join FutureLink's management team after the transaction closes on October 31.
- Just days after completing its acquisition of Ameritech, SBC Communications Inc. has launched a national expansion into 30 major U.S. markets outside its traditional service areas. Within 30 months, the company plans to those markets a full range of communications services under the SBC Telecom label.
Also in this issue ...
- DBN "Netsourcing" Coming to Hacienda
- Formac is Making Macs Think Faster
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Barbara Forsberg, Robert Half International, Inc.
- Transdyn Engineer Helps Bring Robotics to High School
- Hacienda Holiday Food Drive Kicks Off Soon
- Pleasanton's Beautiful Downtown Offers Shopping, Restaurants, Atmosphere
- EDD's CalJobs Offers Free WWW Job Listings Site
- Get Connected and Stay Connected on Make a Difference Day, October 23
- PSEE Seeks to Aid Art Education in Local Schools
- Hacienda Index