Published March 21, 2000
Volume 8, Number 3
Cadence Offers Project Management Seminar At a Discount for Hacienda Tenants
Cadence Management Corporation, a group which has trained over 50,000 business people since their 1983 founding, is offering Hacienda tenants a $100 discount on their upcoming Project Management Seminar, to be held April 18 and 19 at the PG&E Learning Center in San Ramon.
The seminar covers the core skills involved in project management, including defining project objectives, organizing a project team, and more.
"The course is focused on what you need today to get your projects started now, to have a sense of control and confidence," says Cadence's Jack Schroeder.
"Participants are actively involved in class through workshops, exercises, and group discussions," he adds. "They can immediately apply the tools and techniques on workplace projects."
Judging from the company's client list, the course must be effective. In addition to Hacienda's Sprint PCS and US Bank, Cadence has worked with Intel, Microsoft, General Motors, American Express, Nortel, and Weyerhauser.
"We stay in contact with our graduates for three or four years, and we get referrals from those graduates like you wouldn't believe," adds Schroeder.
Other topics touched on in the seminar include:
- establishing responsibility and getting buy-in;
- managing communication and resolving conflict;
- overcoming obstacles;
- managing time effectively and maintaining project control;
- meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals; and
- implementing your plan.
The upcoming seminar will be taught by Cadence president John Patton. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants.
To register for the seminar, contact Cadence Management at (800) 448-0173. The normal cost is $895 per person, but Hacienda tenants are entitled to a $100 discount. Simply identify yourself as a Hacienda tenant upon registration and the discount will be given. Registration fees include all course materials, a 280-page reference manual, a software demo package, and lunch both days. Access www.cadence-mgmt.com for more details.
Also in this issue ...
- WingSpring Helps e-Commerce Fledglings
- It's Time to Stand Up and Be Counted
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Blake Evans, A Unique Affect
- Summit Bank is Helping Business Customers Rise to Financial Heights
- Hacienda Companies Find Healthy Employees Make for a Healthy Business
- RIDES Offers New Program for Businesses to Encourage Commute Alternatives
- Cadence Offers Project Management Seminar at a Discount for Hacienda Tenants
- Pleasanton Library Seeks Input on Business Services
- Thanks to Food Drive Participants
- Hacienda Index