Published April 17, 2001
Volume 9, Number 4
- The East Bay Business Times is in the process of accepting applications for its ranking of the 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Greater East Bay Region. Qualifications include:
- revenues of more than $200,000 by FYE 1998
- independent private corporation, proprietorship or partnership through FYE 2000
- based in the East Bay (Alameda, Contra Costa or Solano counties)
If you would like to receive an application, please call Katy Lieber at 925-598-1434 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20.
- AC Nielsen ScanTrack research data reports that, for the third year running, Bar-S One Pound Original Jumbo Franks are the best selling hot dogs in America. The reporting period was 52 weeks ending September 16, 2000 and the data covered all 50 of AC Nielsen's U.S. markets.
- Mobileum announced that it will partner with Luminant Worldwide Corporation to jointly develop enterprise-class mobile commerce solutions that provide on-the-go connectivity to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and sales force automation systems. The companies will work cooperatively on joint marketing and sales opportunities focused on the consumer brands, energy, financial services, transportation and health vertical markets.
- The East Bay Business Times reports that Hacienda's Hunter Travel Managers is the second-largest travel agency in the East Bay, based on local sales of $36 million in 2000. Companywide, Hunter Travel Managers tallied $48 million in sales in the last calendar year.
- Commerce One announced it has acquired Exterprise, a leading provider of software solutions for building and managing collaborative business networks. It is expected that the merger will enable Commerce One, its customers and other software vendors to develop and deploy a broad range of e-marketplace-based applications for both public and private e-marketplaces.
- Remedy Corporation's Celebrity Ski Winterfest in March raised $220,000 for Special Olympics. Competing were 11 Bay Area companies with each team including a Special Olympian and a television celebrity.
- The San Francisco Business Times reports that Hacienda's Pivot Interiors is the third-largest office furniture dealer in the Bay Area, based on local sales of $40 million. Pivot posted company-wide sales of $150 million in 2000.
Also in this issue ...
- General Semiconductor Design Facility Comes to Park
- SiegeWorks is Helping Keep Networks Safe
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — George Rodriguez, Wal*Mart
- The Four Branches of West Valley Staffing Group Offer Specialized Staffing Solutions
- Pleasanton's Historic Downtown Defines the Community with its Character
- Bike to Work Week Promotes Healthy Commuting with Prizes and Information
- Take a Swing at the 17th ValleyCare Foundation Golf Tournament
- Udder Event to Raise Funds for Historic Adobe Restoration
- Hacienda Index