Published May 15, 2001
Volume 9, Number 5
- Ellie Mae has formed a strategic partnership with ClosingGuard that enables mortgage brokers and lenders who are clients of Ellie Mae subsidiary Genesis 2000 to complete automated real estate closings online. Users can manage the closing process using ClosingSpace, a private Web-accessed database housing all documents and information pertaining to residential home closings.
- Hacienda's Zantaz, along with French financial giant Caisse des Depots Group (CDC), have formed a Paris-based joint venture company, CDC Zantaz, that will offer ZANTAZ's low cost storage and archiving services to leading corporations in France.
- Groundswell, Inc. has been included for a second time in Localbusiness.com's "50 to Watch," a quarterly listing of newsworthy and innovative emerging companies in the Bay Area. Groundswell provides enterprise portal strategy and integration services for companies who want to improve business performance by delivering relevant information and functionality to their customers, employees, and partners via a unified Web platform.
- Sun Microsystems and PeopleSoft Inc. have formed a strategic alliance to deliver a scalable, Internet-ready customer relationship management (CRM) solution to better serve the communications and brokerage industries. The global alliance will offer PeopleSoft's integrated enterprise CRM solution on Sun's Solaris 8 Operating Environment and Java technology-based platforms. Sun and PeopleSoft will engage in joint sales, services and go-to-market activities.
- Intira Corporation has been included in the Red Herring 100, the top 100 public and private companies selected by the editors of Red Herring, the leading magazine of business technology and innovation. Red Herring editors compile the list from data favored by venture capitalists and investment bankers insights that predict a company's ability to overturn existing markets or create entirely new ones.
- Visioneer has introduced the OneTouch 8820 USB color flatbed scanner with transparency adapter. The scanner features an optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi, 42-bit true color, JPEG Enhancement Technology , and patent pending FlashBack Bi-directional AutoScan Technology. With its transparency adapter, the OneTouch 8820 is ideally suited for home or small office users who want to scan slides, negatives and transparencies up to 5 by 7 inches, as well as traditional photographic prints.
Also in this issue ...
- Extreme Networks Development Unit Comes to Park
- Hoffman Media Systems Gets the Picture
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Ralph Ballart, SBC Technology Resources
- NCAL Computer Source Offers Custom Solutions and Support for PC Users
- Hot Fun in the Summertime? It's in the Tri-Valley!
- Ricochet Wireless Network in Hacienda Upgraded for Greater Speed, Convenience
- Tri-Delta Transit to Offer New Commuter Route on Trial Basis for Hacienda
- Volunteer Center a Great Resource for Agencies, Donors
- Hacienda Index