Published August 21, 2001
Volume 9, Number 8
- Hacienda's Tut Systems, Inc. will partner with NTT-ME, Rikei Corporation, Toyo Communications, and EnReach Technology to offer an end-to-end video-on-demand and high-speed Internet solution over an IP infrastructure in hotels and apartments throughout Japan.
- The U.S. Department of Defense will purchase the PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System (HRMS) to handle its payroll and human resources needs. PeopleSoft's HRMS, which can be used with any web browser, will be used to provide personnel and payroll information to all branches of the U.S. military, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard.
In other news, last month PeopleSoft donated 50 bean bag chairs to the Pleasanton Partnerships in Education Foundation (PPIE), which the organization has distributed to each of Pleasanton's nine elementary school libraries.
- South Bay Development has announced plans and obtained approval for a 10,676 square foot expansion of their property at 4160 Hacienda Drive. Construction on the facility, which currently houses GE Plastics, is expected to be completed some time next year.
- Xign Corporation received an Investor Choice award from Technologic Partners at the Financial Services Outlook conference held last month in New York. The award identifies Xign as one of the ten private e-finance companies "most likely to succeed." Recipients of the Investor Choice award were chosen by an audience of more than 300 leading investment and industry professionals as well as a distinguished panel of investment analysts, institutional investors, and venture capitalists.
- Hacienda's Groundswell, Inc. will merge with Form + Function Consulting, a Chicago-based e-commerce consulting firm. Form + Function will integrate Groundswell's portal expertise into new software products in customer, employee, and enterprise relationship management.
- AdventNet's Web Network Management System software will be used in Netro's AirView Link Navigator Network Management System, a family of applications for managing Netro's AirStar broadband wireless access products.
Also in this issue ...
- New 25,000 Square Foot Facility Approved for Park
- Logicon Marking Ten Years in Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Kelly Ogorzat, S&G Discount Carpet
- La Petite Fleur Offers Flowers for All Occasions, Plus a Lot More
- Art Abounds in Hacienda and Pleasanton
- One-Stop Career Center Helps Local Employers Find the Employees They Need
- Business to Play a Key Role in Implementation of New Pleasanton Youth Master Plan
- PeopleSoft, Documentum Face Off to Benefit Special Olympics
- Shaklee Cares Provides Aid Throughout U.S., World
- Hacienda Index