Published October 16, 2001
Volume 9, Number 10
- Nellcor has signed an exclusive worldwide licensing and distribution agreement with Optical Sensors Inc. for Optical Sensors' CapnoProbe product and technology. The CapnoProbe system is a handheld device with an optical carbon dioxide (CO2) probe that is slipped under the tongue like a thermometer. The CapnoProbe measures the carbon dioxide in tissue of the mouth's mucous membrane. The CapnoProbe system is designed to be used by qualified medical personnel to diagnose and monitor hospital patients during surgery, in the ICU, or in an emergency setting.
- Xign and PeopleSoft have formed an alliance to integrate Xign's Payment Exchange software with PeopleSoft 8 Financials. When used together, the PeopleSoft and Xign products will enable Global 1000 organizations to electronically disburse payments from their enterprise financial management systems, rather than mail paper checks, and manage detailed remittance information.
- Ezonics Corporation has introduced its latest product, the dual-mode EZMega Cam. "The EZMega Cam is a revolutionary product at an exceptional price and opens the way for consumers to engage in high quality digital imaging and video at affordable prices," says Michael Ostwind, Ezonics' director of marketing.
- Individual Software has released ResumeMaker Deluxe version 9.0, the number one best-selling resume software. New features and enhancements include a "Salary Finder" which provides salary ranges based on job titles, an Internet job search agent, and Resume Caster, a feature that allows broadcast of user resumes directly to hiring managers and recruiters.
- Two Hacienda companies were named to the East Bay Business Times' list of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Netswork, a provider of sole-source, comprehensive communications solutions for voice, data, and video enterprise-wide networks, debuted on the list at number 15, thanks to revenue growth of 183.2 percent from 1998 to 2000.
- Individual Software, a publisher of personal productivity and educational software titles, debuted at number 41 with 71.1 percent growth over the three-year period.
- Hacienda Wal*Mart has given its "Teacher of the Year" award to Janna Dean of Fairlands Elementary School. Dean received a $500 check as part of the award. Nominations were accepted from the public during the summer. Dean was nominated by a former student.
Also in this issue ...
- Chamberlin Associates to Develop New Park Facility
- Rudolph and Sletten is Building a Future in Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Dick Kennedy, Peregrine Systems
- Wunderlich-Malec Engineering Keeps Silicon Fabs, Food Producers in Control
- Tri-Valley Offers the Full Spectrum of Medical Care, Resources
- ValleyCare Health Library, Ryan Comer Cancer Resource Center Celebrate 10th Anniversary with Open House
- EDD Offers Free State, Federal Payroll Tax Seminar for Hacienda Businesses
- Students, Businesses Alike Benefit from UC Berkeley's SAGE Scholars Program
- Hacienda Index