Published February 19, 2002
Volume 10, Number 2
RIDES Offers $500 Plus Other Incentives For New Vanpool Formation, Usage
RIDES for Bay Area Commuters has just the thing for commuters interested in starting a vanpool. Employers or individuals who sign up to start a new vanpool between March 15 and April 30 can be eligible for an appreciation package of gifts and $500 cash. RIDES is even holding a special informational meeting at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 12 at the Pleasanton Tennis Complex to provide more information.
Qualifying for the incentives is simple. First, a driver or coordinator must be listed in the RIDES database between March 15 and April 30, or an employer must express interest in supporting vanpool formation at their company. Next, the vanpool has to be formed before September 30 and on the road with at least seven passengers for three consecutive months before the end of the year. Finally, the new vanpool must be one of the first 16 formed that meets those eligibility requirements.
Even without the incentives, vanpooling is a great idea. Vanpool members pay less for their commute and, by using HOV lanes, save time as well. Many vanpools offer bucket seats and reading lights, which means you can work, read, or nap along the way.
For further information on vanpools, the incentive program, or the March 12 workshop, contact Martin Dooley of RIDES at (800) 755-POOL, or access the RIDES web site at www.rides.org.
Also in this issue ...
- PeopleSoft to Add Five-Story Facility to Campus
- Test Technology Associates Keeps Designs in Line
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Ray O'Connor, Topcon Positioning Systems
- Puritan Bennett
- C&K California Classic Catering
- Pleasanton Police Department Security Programs for Businesses
- Tri-Valley CVB Introduces New Director
- RIDES Offers $500 Incentive to New Vanpools
- Valley Children's Museum Gala
- Hacienda Index
- Thanks to Holiday Food Drive Participants