Published August 13, 2002
Volume 10, Number 8
- Standard Register was honored with a 2001 Master of Quality Award from Freightliner LLC, a leading truck manufacturer. The Master of Quality Award is the highest distinction awarded to suppliers that meet Freightliner's strict standards and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality products and service. Only about 1 percent of its more than 3,000 suppliers received the award.
- Hacienda's AdventNet has formed an alliance with MindTree Consulting, a leading provider of product realization solutions to Internet infrastructure vendors, to deliver AdventNet's network management solutions to networking gear vendors and telecom service providers. MindTree will have access to the full suite of AdventNet's network management solutions, including components, development environments, systems and APIs to provide their customers with a wide range of customized solutions to enable their development of managed networking infrastructure.
- divine, inc. has completed its acquisition of Toronto-based Delano Technology Corporation, a marketing solutions company. The Delano Velocity suite of applications enables companies to design and execute one-to-one campaigns to drive personalized interactions with customers, partners and suppliers via multiple interaction technologies, including email, fax, telephony, the Web, and traditional mail channels. Delano's strength in providing solutions that help companies proactively communicate with customers complements divine's existing solutions for managing interactions.
- Hacienda-based Polycom has formed Third Party Showcase, a co-marketing partnership program that combines complementary products from third-party vendors with Polycom's industry-leading video communications systems to enable new and exciting video applications. The first Polycom Third Party Showcase program partner is ON24, the leading streaming media delivery platform and distribution network for corporate information. ON24 offers StreamSimple streaming functionality, which allows users of Polycom systems to easily stream a live video call to a web site that it can be made accessible to a broad base of viewers either in real-time or on-demand.
- PeopleSoft was added to the Fortune e-50 Index, replacing San Francisco-based CNET Networks. PeopleSoft was also recently recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as the fourth largest software company in the Bay Area.
Also in this issue ...
- Standard Pacific Homes Grows with Happy Employees
- Television Goes High Tech at Akira Tecwell
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Shawn Jennings Edgington, Granite Insurance
- Carman and Associates
- Hacienda's 20th Anniversary
- Valley Choral Society
- Pleasanton Public Library
- San Jose Earthquakes
- 20th Anniversary Support
- Hacienda Index