Published September 17, 2002
Volume 10, Number 9
- Standard Pacific Corp., a nationwide home builder, reported record orders for the month ending August 31, 2002. Company-wide, over 600 orders for new homes were received, with 225 of those coming in California. Last year, just 341 orders were received, with 156 in California. The increase in orders is 81 percent company-wide and 44 percent in California.
- PeopleSoft has introduced two new products that can help companies communicate their financial status to stockholders and to provide an overview of a business's various accounting systems. PeopleSoft Investor Portal will provide financial information, key performance indicators, industry benchmarks and modeling tools to help inform and educate investors. PeopleSoft Global Consolidations will allow companies to connect disparate accounting systems for faster, more accurate reporting. "In order to restore investor confidence, CFOs across industries need to go beyond regulatory compliance and provide additional disclosure of financial and non-financial information," said Alan Landis, research director, Working Council for Chief Financial Officers. "As pressure to disclose intensifies, many CFOs are looking for automated solutions to improve external transparency to investors."
- Tanner Insurance Brokers, Inc., has qualified for Business Insurance magazine's list of the 100 largest brokers of U.S. business, growing at more than 30 percent a year for the past four years to break into the group. Tanner is listed at number 95, with revenues of $16.9 million for 2001. "Our goal in 1998 was to become one of the largest 100 brokers in the next four years," said Steve Tanner, chairman. "We are proud of the fact that we achieved the goal almost entirely through internal growth, purchasing only one small agency five years ago. We have worked very hard to attract good people who thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere."
- Polycom, a Hacienda based company involved in the convergence of interactive voice, video, data and web communications, has formed an alliance with Insight Systems, a provider of operations support solutions (OSS) for the telecommunications industry. The two companies will work together to combine real-time conference call detail records (CDR) capture and usage reporting systems with Polycom's line of multipoint control units (MCU) for voice and video conferencing. This offering will give service providers a unique, customizable data capture tool for extracting user data for easy integration with their billing systems.
Also in this issue ...
- ValleyCare Secures Office Building on West Las Positas
- Robert Half’s Protiviti Puts “Command Central” at Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Steven Grimm, SBC Long Distance
- Verizon Communications Provides More Than Wireless
- New Century Title Ensures You Get What You Pay for in Real Estate
- Transit Options for Hacienda Tenants and Residents
- Plan Your Commute Online with MTC's Take Transit Trip Planner
- RIDES Lets You Find Ridesharing Opportunities Via the Web
- 511 to Provide One-Stop Shopping for Transit Info
- Commuter Choice Transportation Fair
- Hacienda Index