Volume 11, Number 3
- Cingular Wireless and Computer Associates International Inc. have recently joined to integrate Cingular’s Wireless Enterprise Platform and CA’s Unicenter Service Plus Service Desk, providing powerful mobile functionality for enterprise help desks. Through the combined solution, mobile service desk staff members utilizing Cingular voice and data networks can be notified about new or escalated issues, access information about open items, and send messages to advance the problem resolution process, regardless of their location.
- ProBusiness Services’ web site at www.probusiness.com has been named by the eMarketing Association (eMA) as Gold Award winner in its annual “Site of the Year Awards.” The award recognizes achievement in digital or e-marketing. “The ProBusiness web site stands out from the crowd as an excellent example of the strategic use of digital marketing,” said Robert Fleming, president of the eMA. “In addition to a clean overall design and easy navigation, the site presents content in a manner that makes the user experience very enjoyable.”
- PeopleSoft recently announced that HP has deployed PeopleSoft’s customer relationship management (CRM) software in a large-scale, global implementation. More than 2,000 HP consumer customer service agents are using PeopleSoft’s CRM application to support a growing multilingual customer base. HP attributes the strong user adoption of the solution to its ease of use, best-of-breed functionality and global scalability. HP’s Consumer Services & Support group is using key components of PeopleSoft’s service solution including PeopleSoft Support and PeopleSoft Support Self-Service as part of its new system to manage consumer customer inquiries more effectively. PeopleSoft’s service offering tailors languages, currencies, date and numeric formats to the user’s geographic needs.
- U.S. Bank’s acquisition of Bay View Bank was completed last month as the company changed the signs on over 50 branches to reflect their new ownership. U.S. Bank says that “the change is symbolic of the energy and enthusiasm that U.S. Bank brings to the businesses, consumers and communities that Bay View served through the years, and its commitment to continuing that legacy.” U.S. Bank now has 215 full-service branches and 278 ATMs in California. The expansion gives U.S. Bank retail presence in San Francisco and increases its presence in the greater Bay Area to 75 branches, representing an increase in market share from one to three percent.
- Standard Pacific Corp. reports that net new home orders for the first two months of the year were up 53% to 1,446 homes compared to 945 orders for the first two months of 2002. Standard Pacific, one of the nation’s largest homebuilders, has built homes for more than 54,000 families during its 37-year history.
Also in this issue ...
- Polycom Starts the Year With Numerous New Products
- Class is in Session at the Pharmacy Technician Institute
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Adam Vali, deb Construction
- Cornish & Carey Commercial Serves Landlords and Tenants
- Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics Helps Patients Cope With Illness and Injury
- Downtown Pleasanton Boasts Big City Attractions With A Small Town Feel
- TTEC's Corporate Membership Program Enhances Economic Growth
- New Route 70 WHEELS Service Hits the Road
- Businesses Compete in City's Corporate Games
- RIDES Offers Vanpoolers A Cash Incentive
- Hacienda Index