Volume 12, Number 1
Tri-Valley Wins Kudos in Money Magazine Rankings
The Tri-Valley communities of Pleasanton, Dublin, Livermore, Danville, and San Ramon were recognized by Money Magazine as among the best places to live in the Western U.S. The January issue of the publication analyzes a variety of statistics including median household income, population growth, education, and employment. Qualifying cities needed to be no more than 60 miles from a major city, ensuring access to art and cultural resources.
Cities were divided into three regions — Eastern, Central, and Western – and further categorized by population (over and under 100,000). In the under 100,000 category, Danville ranked seventh, with Dublin following at ninth, Pleasanton at tenth, San Ramon at 12th, and Livermore at 13th. Fremont ranked number nine in the over 100,000 list.
The recognition validates the region’s efforts at economic growth and development, according to Pleasanton’s economic development manager, Pamela Ott. “Pleasanton is a great example of the synergy that can be created when business connects with quality of life,” she says. Ott also pointed to the clustering of Tri-Valley communities at the top of the rankings as a sign of fiscal health for the entire region.
“Economic vitality is created when businesses and quality of life come together,” she says. “Just like residents, businesses want to be situated near amenities such as parks, good schools, reliable transportation, cultural arts, and other amenities. The most successful communities are those that encourage and recognize the value of business, and work to ensure a good quality of life.”
Also in this issue ...
- PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards Combination Brings Value
- Pyramid Takes the Guesswork Out of Screening Job Applicants
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Mark Wooldridge, Bamboo Island
- Spherion Staffs and Outsources Technology Jobs Around the World
- Zenith Insurance Company Takes the Pain Out of On-The-Job Injuries
- New Construction, Changing Leasing Patterns, Increased Absorbtion Sum Up 2003 in Hacienda
- Business From Throughout the Bay Area Produce Transportation Improvement Plan
- Two New AC Transit Lines Added to Hacienda New Rider Incentive Program
- Tri-Valley Wins Kudos in Money Magazine Rankings
- Hacienda Index