Volume 12, Number 10
- Shaklee Corporation reported adding 5,000 new members in an eight-day period thanks to a membership drive inspired by the upcoming 40th birthday of company CEO Roger Barnett. The drive was spearheaded by the Shaklee Masters Executive Committee (MEC), a group comprised of the highest ranking Shaklee Independent Distributors from around the world.
- Hacienda’s Pronto Networks has partnered with Tropos Networks to produce the MetroZone Pilot Pack, a complete, introductory solution enabling the fast, low-cost, and simple deployment of metro-scale Wi-Fi networks over a 1/3 to 1/2 square mile area. Offered for a limited time, the MetroZone Pilot Pack is a specially priced bundle consisting of all elements necessary to rapidly deploy a large scale broadband Wi-Fi network. The network can be deployed for pilot and testing purposes, or as a solid foundation on which a complete citywide network can be built. The kit contains one Pronto Hotzone Gateway with a Pronto OSS software license for up to 100 concurrent users and five Tropos 5110 outdoor Wi-Fi cells, and includes one year of technical support.
- CPU Tech’s prototype AN/APG-68 Modernized Programmable Signal Processor (MPSP), a replacement unit for F-16 aircraft, has completed Design Try Out (DTO) flight tests. The MPSP program was awarded to CPU Tech by the U.S. Air Force with the goal of upgrading the Programmable Signal Processor incorporated into the original Northrop Grumman designed F-16 AN/APG-68 Radar system to improve reliability and reduce overall maintenance costs. The Design Tryout (DTO) Flight Testing held at Edwards Air Force Base included air-to-air target tracking and missile operation as well as air-to-ground target tracking and bombing. An important milestone in the MPSP program, DTO flight test is the first opportunity for the MPSP to be functionally tested as an integrated unit while flying in an F-16 aircraft.
- The State of Ohio recently licensed PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management, PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management, PeopleSoft Enterprise eProcurement and PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal. The products will provide the foundation for Ohio’s Administrative Knowledge System (OAKS), a statewide technology initiative set forth by Governor Taft’s administration. PeopleSoft’s industry-leading applications are expected to enable the State of Ohio to save more than $250 million in taxpayer dollars over the next five years.
- “Wired MD,” one of the leading video series devoted to patient education, is now available to the public at the ValleyCare Health Library in Hacienda. Each video lasts approximately six minutes and provides information on topics including diagnoses, treatment plans, and procedures. Videos can be viewed at the library, located in the ValleyCare Medical Plaza at 5725 West Las Positas Blvd., Suite 270, or viewed at home.
Also in this issue ...
- Dahlin Group Purchases New Facility at Hacienda
- Pathways to Wellness Offers Mental Health Services at Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Sue Mueller, AAi
- Quiet River Offers Land Surveying Services to the Tri-Valley
- JEI Learning Center Helps Children Succeed Through Education
- Tri-Valley Offers Comprehensive Support for Local Businesses
- ACE Introduces New Rider Program for Hacienda, Web Site E-Ticketing
- Operation S.A.M. Supports Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan with Packages, Letters
- Tri-Valley Magazine to Offer Joint Marketing Program for Hacienda Tenants
- Rideshare and Win a Trip to Cabo
- Hacienda Index