Volume 13, Number 6
- Oracle has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire TimesTen, Inc., a privately held supplier of real-time data management software. TimesTen provides infrastructure software for managing events, transactions and data for a growing number of performance-critical applications in telecom, networking, securities trading and other industries. Systems powered by TimesTen today include real-time billing, stock trading, call centers, airline operations and many other ultra high-performance applications utilized by customers including Amdocs, Aspect Communications, Avaya, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, JP Morgan, Lucent, NEC, Nokia, Sprint and United Airlines. “The TimesTen technologies will be a natural extension of our database and Oracle Fusion Middleware,” says Andrew Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Oracle Database Server Technologies. “This will enable us to provide our customers—such as those in the telecommunications and financial services industries—with instantly responsive and continuously available access to critical transaction data."
- Standard Pacific Corp., one of the nation's largest homebuilders, has been recognized by Professional Builder Magazine as one of the Top 10 builders to work for. Nominated companies provided basic information about employee benefits and offerings, and employees weighed in via an online survey that measured employee attitudes toward rewards and recognition, professional development, leadership, communication, corporate culture and personal satisfaction. “It is an honor to be selected, once again, for this recognition,” says Stephen J. Scarborough, chairman and CEO. “It underscores our belief that satisfied, motivated employees are the key to our success. We are very proud of our talented and dedicated team of homebuilding professionals.”
- Polycom has begun a new Honors Education Program, a service which will provide beneficial services, training and curriculum to educational institutions to expand usage and enhance collaborative communications for distance and interactive learning. The Honors Education Program includes a membership in the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) and specialized interactive videoconferencing awareness training and curriculum content provided by the Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC). Customers will benefit from the resources of both organizations providing a gateway to build stronger distance learning programs. The Honors Education Program also provides special pricing through Polycom Certified Resellers to Polycom educational customers who purchase Polycom products including MGC bridges, voice and classroom video solutions, and support services. The program is designed for educational institutions including colleges, universities, libraries, teaching hospitals, education consortiums, education associations, and primary and secondary institutions.
- ZANTAZ Enterprise Archive Solution (EAS) received the People’s Choice Award MSD2D.com for best Exchange Archiving product. “This award is particularly gratifying to us because our customers and the user-community voted for ZANTAZ EAS,” said Craig Olson, vice president of Corporate Marketing for ZANTAZ. “We believe this important endorsement from users within the Microsoft Exchange community is an outstanding gauge of marketplace perception and continuing validation that ZANTAZ EAS is the leading email archiving software platform on the market.” The Hacienda-based company specializes in Information Retention and Discovery Management (IRDM) solutions.
Also in this issue ...
- 7-Eleven Moves Administrative Offices to Hacienda
- Brereton Architects Opens Studio in Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Ed Lee, Baci Seafood & Steak
- NCS Exchange Professionals Helps Clients Get the Most Out of Property
- GlassHouse Technologies Guides Companies To Data Management Solutions
- Hacienda Dining Guide 2005
- TVAR Helps Area's Orphaned Animals Find New Homes
- Summer Brings Increased Energy Demands - And an Opportunity to Flex Your Power Bay Area
- Summer Camps for Students Bring the Joy of Writing to Hacienda School
- Hacienda Index