Volume 16, Number 3
- The University of Minnesota has selected Trapeze Networks’ Smart Mobile product suite for the construction of the largest 802.11n wireless network planned to date. Starting in May and continuing through 2012, nearly 10,000 access points will be deployed to serve more than 80,000 people across the university’s two campuses, allowing students, faculty, and staff fast, secure wireless access.
“The University of Minnesota strives to be on the cutting edge of technology to provide students and faculty with the tools they need to succeed,” says Steve Cawley, vice president and CIO of the University of Minnesota. “After a rigorous RFP and evaluation of 24 WLAN responses, we determined the Trapeze solution was the right fit to meet the university's performance and security requirements. Additionally, the network management and planning tools allowed us to quickly import our own CAD drawings and immediately begin Wi-Fi planning for 300 buildings, including 1,300-plus floors.”
- FrontRange Solutions has launched version 3.0 of its GoldMine Mobile Edition software. The upgrade gives sales teams the ability to manage customer contacts, sales activities and opportunities at any time, from anywhere, on their BlackBerry smartphones. According to FrontRange, this allows sales teams to collaborate and gain insight into customer activities as they occur, so nothing is missed or forgotten.
“GoldMine Mobile Edition increases a sales team’s productivity while simultaneously improving overall customer service,” said Greg Anderson, senior product director for the GoldMine product line at FrontRange Solutions. “Because data is held locally on the smartphone, users can find information quickly, without latency issues or the need for wireless coverage. This provides sales representatives the ability to manage their contacts and calendar, and to compile sales forecasts – even while on an airplane.”
- Hacienda’s Shaklee Corporation has introduced three new food products to its Cinch Inch Loss Plan line: Cinch Meal-in-a-Bars in two flavors, Berry Almond Crunch and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and Cinch Strawberry Shake Mix. The products are all low glycemic and contain no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
“We are excited to provide additional Cinch meal replacement options that help maintain lean muscle so the weight you lose is body fat, to help you achieve your weight loss goals,” says Dr. Jamie McManus, M.D., FAAFP, chairman of medical affairs at Shaklee Corporation. “While we know that weight loss can be challenging, Shaklee’s clinically-proven Cinch Inch Loss Plan nutrition solutions are great-tasting and easy to incorporate into your lifestyle.”
- The San Francisco Business Times has recognized Hacienda’s Dahlin Group Architecture Planning as the 10th largest architecture firm in the Bay Area. Dahlin Group achieved the lofty ranking based on 2007 gross billings of over $25 million.
Also in this issue ...
- Roche Molecular Diagnostics Opens New Research Building
- Pivot Interiors Finds a New Home in Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Bob Baker, SynchroNet Marine CEO Sets Steady Course
- Credit Union Serves Alameda, Contra Costa Counties
- SpectraGenics Gets Green Light For At-Home Laser Hair Removal
- Life-Long Learners Find Abundant Opportunity in Local Continuing Ed Programs
- Livermore's Wine Country Beckons
- Star-Gazing in Livermore - at Upcoming 10th Annual California Independent Film Festival
- April 26 Food Drive is Student-Run Community Service Project
- Hacienda Index