Volume 17, Number 10
- Shaklee Corporation has received a 2009 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award recognizes Shaklee as one of the nation’s leading green power purchasers and salutes the company for their commitment and contribution to helping advance the development of the nation's voluntary green power market. Shaklee, which currently purchases nearly 7 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power annually, was one of only ten organizations nationwide to receive a Leadership Award for its green power purchase.
“We are very proud to receive this prestigious award,” said Shaklee Chairman and CEO, Roger Barnett. “All companies have a choice about where they source their energy needs. Purchasing green power not only helps Shaklee become more sustainable, it also supports the generation of clean sources of electricity which can help reduce our nation’s environmental footprint.”
- CPU Technology, Inc. has launched the Acalis Sentry security server, a combination of hardware and software used to encrypt embedded applications and configure security features for Acalis CPU872 secure processors. The new product is the first available commercially which meets new U.S. Department of Defense regulations.
“CPU Tech has extensive experience evaluating system vulnerabilities and recognizes that security is a challenging architectural requirement for software and systems developers,” says Clay Johnson, CEO of CPU Tech. “The Acalis Sentry separates the role of the Security Engineer from that of the software developer. Designing secure systems requires tools and technology that not only protect the end application, but the development flow as well. Acalis Sentry elevates the protection of the software aspects of the solution to the level of the hardware.”
- TRIA Beauty gave the gift of at-home laser hair removal to celebrities at the exclusive HBO Luxury Lounge in celebration of the 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The event showcased premier lifestyle products at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.
Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris, star of How I Met Your Mother, brought his own mother to the event and was heard joking, “We can use this on Dad's shoulders!”
“We seriously talk about (hair removal) all the time,” said Mad Men’s Richard Sommer. “My wife is so excited.” “I’ve been waiting to try laser hair removal,” said Katrina Bowen from 30 Rock.
“We’re happy the TRIA Laser was so well received,” says Drake Stimson, EVP of Marketing & Sales at TRIA Beauty. “Their excitement reaffirms our belief that the TRIA Laser Hair Removal System is an ideal beauty product for style-conscious consumers.”
Also in this issue ...
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Ramping Up After Hong Kong Product Launch
- One Risk Group Innovates in a Staid Industry
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Kari Dimler, TRIRIGA
- VIPMMA Joins Forces with Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu
- TechniQuip Lights Up High-Precision Specialty Applications
- Housing Resources Help Buyers and Renters Find a Place to Call Home
- Hacienda Helping Hands Grants Help Meet Basic Human Needs
- TVROP Students Learn by Doing
- Bike Safety Classroom and On-Road Sessions Slated for November
- Burnin up the Floor
- Hacienda Index