Volume 20, Number 6
- Adept Technology, Inc. has delivered a record shipment of autonomous mobile robots to Swisslog Healthcare Solutions (HCS) for use in hospitals, labs, and clinics to transport specimens, lab samples, and pharmaceuticals. Swisslog will use the new shipment in the manufacture of its own RoboCourier product, built on the Adept MT400 platform, which allows hospitals to automatically transport materials. Swisslog RoboCouriers are currently in operation at 15 different hospital locations. The order totaled close to $500,000 in revenue.
- Hacienda-based Veeva Systems has introduced its latest product, Veeva Network. Powered by the very latest in cloud computing and big data technology, Veeva Network is customer interaction repository (CIR) which provides the customer interaction data required to better analyze the return from multichannel investments. The company notes that “it’s already being characterized by pharmaceutical leaders as ‘revolutionary’ for its promise to easily capture, store and disseminate consistent data across life sciences companies and their outsourced partners and agencies.”
Inaugural Veeva Network partners include Physicians Interactive, MediMedia Health, D&R Lathian, Giant, GroupDCA, Intouch Solutions, Knipper, MySTRO and WebMD, companies which together represent well over 50% of all direct-to-physician multichannel marketing campaigns deployed in the United States every year. In addition, ZS Associates, IBM, Deloitte, Cognizant and Accenture have developed Veeva Network service offerings to assist customers with preparation for and rapid adoption of the new solution.
“Having the support of the industry’s leading multichannel marketing companies enables Veeva to deliver a truly ground-breaking platform that will transform pharmaceutical sales and marketing,” declared Matt Wallach, co-founder & chief strategy officer of Veeva Systems. “Never before have so many industry leaders come together to enable our collective life sciences customers to measure the effectiveness of their total commercial spend.”
- BKF Engineers, a California firm with offices in Hacienda, has been recognized by the Engineering News-Record. In that publication’s Top 500 National Design Firm List for 2012, BKF was ranked #265. It is the 20th consecutive year that BKF has appeared on the list. The rankings were based on gross revenue during the 2011 calendar year. “The Top 500, taken as a group, had overall design revenue of $85.06 billion in 2011, up 6.6%, from $79.82 billion in 2010,” the magazine reports. “This marks the first time in three years the Top 500 experienced revenue growth for the year.”
Also in this issue ...
- Two New Hacienda Housing Communities Receive Green Light from City
- Purity Day Spa Offers Oasis of Tranquility to Help Shed Stress
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: George Mathew, Latex Global
- Cherry Creek Mortgage Company Blends Innovation with a Responsible Lending Approach
- ValleyCare Health Library is Beneficiary of Upcoming Golf Scramble
- For Business or Pleasure, a Day or a Month, Hacienda has a Hotel for You
- Guaranteed Ride Home Closes the Loop in Sustainable Transportation
- Safe Routes to School Projects Include 'Bike Train' and 'Walking School Bus'
- Green Business Certification Offers Multitude of Benefits
- Summer in Downtown Pleasanton
- Hacienda Online!
- Top 10 Reasons to Join the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
- Hacienda Index