Volume 21, Number 7
- Hacienda’s Veeva Systems, which recently announced plans to conduct an initial public offering (IPO) of its common stock, has acquired national healthcare data provider, AdvantageMS. The acquisition adds a database of more than seven million active healthcare providers, organizations, and affiliations across the U.S. to Veeva Network. This acquired data, combined with Veeva’s advanced cloud software and data stewardship services, provides life sciences companies with an accurate, up-to-date view of their customers in one solution.
AdvantageMS is an organization of great people and their data is one of the most reliable sources of U.S. healthcare data, trusted by life sciences organizations of all sizes for over a decade,” said Peter Gassner, president and CEO of Veeva Systems. “We are thrilled to have AdvantageMS join the Veeva team.”
- Based on sales from the recently completed fiscal year, CooperVision’s Biofinity is the fastest growing contact lens brand in the U.S. According to the Hacienda-based company, “The number of new patients wearing Biofinity grew faster than any other frequent-replacement contact lens brand in the past 12 months with its toric lenses leading the monthly toric category.”
“The Biofinity portfolio includes one of our broadest product lines, enabling eye care practitioners to recommend to their patients a premium contact lens that offers comfort, moisture, and visual performance,” said James Gardner, Vice President of Marketing, Americas. “Our continued commitment to offering practitioners and their patients the most advanced and comfortable contact lenses available has resulted in an increased demand for Biofinity products.”
- Hacienda’s FunMobility has developed and launched a mobile app to augment customer engagement and foster brand loyalty for beauty and natural hair care products retailer, Carol’s Daughter, a 20 year-old retail chain based in New York. The new app encourages customers to “check in” to stores carrying Carol’s Daughter products and provides step-by-step instructional videos on how to style and care for hair as well as advice from well-known specialists. Included is a store locator that helps customers find the nearest Carol’s Daughter retail locations and retailer partners that carry their product line.
“The fashion industry has been creating mobile apps for years now – almost every leading designer or magazine has one – but the beauty industry has been slow to get on the bandwagon,” said Richard Dantas, CEO of Carol’s Daughter. “Carol’s Daughter is proud to be leading our industry by filling this overlooked, highly in demand space. Our app will let you shop, get advice, and interact with the brand in a cutting age, personal way.”
Also in this issue ...
- IronPlanet Launches TruckPlanet, Expands into New Headquarters
- JVF Consulting Provides Custom Web Design, Functionality
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Barry Roach, SafeAmerica Credit Union
- PACSGEAR Integrates Video into Electronic Health Records
- California Pain Will Extend Treatment Capabilities in New Hacienda Surgery Center
- Hacienda Dining Guide 2013
- East Bay Leadership Council Expands its Geographic Scope to Tri-Valley
- Coming Soon to a Parking Lot Near You - City CarShare
- August 7 Pooch Parade Benefits Tri-Valley Guide Dog Puppy Raisers
- Hacienda Index