Volume 21, Number 8
- The Carl Zeiss Group, a worldwide leader in optics and optoelectronics, has acquired Hacienda-based Xradia, Inc. The new company is now operating under the new name of Carl Zeiss X-ray Microscopy, Inc. Company officials explained that the acquisition further strengthens the position of the Zeiss Microscopy business group, the only manufacturer of light, electron, and X-ray microscopes, with unique solutions for research and routine inspection in materials and life sciences application fields.
X-ray microscopes show unique capabilities in materials research, allowing for 3D imaging of the internal structure of materials. Several examples of in situ and 4D (three-dimensional imaging over time) experiments are proving beneficial for research and industry, including crack propagation in ceramics and metals, porosity and permeability characterization of geological and functional materials, failure analysis of structural materials, biomechanical systems under load, and the evolution of defects in operating lithium ion batteries and fuel cells.
- Users of mobile apps designed by Hacienda’s TradeSync Corporation, which provides both mobile and SaaS solutions for B2B e-commerce, are now generating orders totaling over $1 million per week, with average order size in the $800–$1,200 range.
“B2B vendors — wholesale distributors in particular — are realizing the power of mobile apps,” said Peter Daley, TradeSync CEO. “By launching their own mobile apps on the TradeSync e-commerce platform, these vendors can put a productivity tool in the hands of their customers that also opens up new sales, marketing, and customer service opportunities for themselves. It's a win-win for customer and vendor alike.”
A number of B2B vendors have recently launched their own mobile apps on the TradeSync platform with more slated to go live in the coming weeks. A complete list of currently-available TradeSync-powered iPhone and Android apps can be found by searching "TradeSync" in the respective app stores.
- Hacienda’s Jungle Source, which provides background screening and drug testing services, has launched a new website at www.junglesource.com. The site provides expert guidance about Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)-compliant background screening, industry related case studies, white papers, and other employer resources.
“Our new Website focuses on the importance of background screening for all industries and helps identify different solutions available,“ said Brook Parker, Jungle Source COO. “We think the new look of our web site, along with social media efforts we have expanded, will help us connect with our clients in a more interactive way.”
Also in this issue ...
- Schneider Electric Goal: Help Customers Decrease Power Consumption
- Brazil's Daitan Group Makes Hacienda Its New Executive HQ
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Valentin, Pilates Body by Valentin
- PureRED Integrated Marketing Stays One Step Ahead
- Specialized and Flexible, Innovative Machine Solutions Is Engineering Think Tank
- 511 Has Everything You Need to Know About Bay Area Traffic, Transit
- Pleasanton's Active Rotary Clubs Are Joined by Rotaract, Group for Young Professionals
- Carpooling Can Help Reduce Number of Solo Commuters
- Young American Patriots Fife & Drum Corps Is More Than Music
- You're Invited to City CarShare's Hacienda Grand Opening
- 4th Annual Pleasanton Green Scene Fair Celebrates Green
- Hacienda Index