Published November 17, 2015
Volume 23, Number 11
- Major Wine and Spirits Distributor Chooses Steelwedge
Southern Wine and Spirits of America, the nation’s leading wine and spirits distributor with operations in 35 states, has selected Hacienda’s Steelwedge for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP). Steelwedge creates an integrated business process that drives collaboration, focus and alignment across multiple divisions and departments in a company. Steelwedge helps customers integrate demand plans, financial goals, supply plans, inventory quantities, and new product plans to inform better decision-making.
“With Steelwedge, Southern Wine and Spirits will have the added visibility and responsiveness needed for today’s consumer driven marketplace. Inventory and product distribution will be determined collaboratively by all divisional and functional departments across the organization which will lead to an augmented customer experience while driving profitability,” said Pervinder Johar, Chief Executive Officer of Steelwedge. “We look forward to working with Southern to drive incremental improvements and gains throughout their supply chain network through better collaboration and orchestration.”
- Hacienda’s Adept Technology Acquired by OMRON Corporation
Adept Technology, a Hacienda-based provider of intelligent robots, autonomous mobile robot solutions and services, has been acquired by OMRON Corporation, a global leader in the field of automation based on its core sensing and control technology. The offer valued Adept at approximately $200 million.
“We are delighted Adept Technology, a world leader in robotics, has agreed to join OMRON,” said Yutaka Miyanaga, OMRON Industrial Automation Business Company president. “This acquisition is part of our strategy to enhance our automation technology and position us for long term growth. Robotics will elevate our offering of advanced automation.”
“We are excited about the opportunity to join OMRON, a global leader in automation,” said Rob Cain, Adept president and CEO. “Together, our products will offer new innovative solutions to customers all around the globe.”
- ADP Honored by Working Mother Magazine
Working Mother magazine named ADP as one of the 2015 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for its commitment to progressive workplace programs, including advancement of women, flexibility, child care and paid parental leave. The 100 Best Companies are featured in the October/November issue of Working Mother and on workingmother.com.
“As we celebrate the 30th anniversary of Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies, we are keen to recognize leaders who have built initiatives that truly support all employees,” said Subha Barry, VP and GM of Working Mother Media. “They are the vanguard of successful companies, with policies that matter to American families.”
- Axis Community Health Receives Awards from Federal Health Resources and Services Administration
Hacienda’s Axis Community Health has received two national quality awards from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration. The non-profit received an award of $21,835 granted to clinics demonstrating a significant improvement to their patients' health in one or more clinical quality measure between 2013 and 2014. The second award, for $30,855, was given to health centers demonstrating the highest performance.
“We have a team committed to excellence,” said Axis CEO Sue Compton. “Everyone, from our front office staff, to our medical and mental health providers, to our quality team who track data, is maximizing our systems to enhance patient health outcomes.”
Stories compiled by Jay Hipps
Also in this issue...
- Schneider Electric's Livermore Expansion Adds to West Coast Presence
- National Budget Planners Provides Credit Counseling, Education
- Business Bits
- Hard Work, Determination, and Self-Reliance are the Key Ingredients in a Recipe for Success for Michael Thompson of PROSHRED
- Solid Personnel Makes Flexibility in Staffing Electric
- Ergominder Improves Medical Outcomes by Personalizing, Automating Patient Reminders
- City of Pleasanton Provides a Host of Services for Residents and Businesses
- Walmart Hosts Wayne Coy's Toys Radiothon to Benefit Sleep Train Foster Kids
- Hacienda Companies Qualify for National Recognition Through Best Workplaces for Commuters Program
- No-Cost Grief Support Services Offer Solace to Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
- Hacienda November Index