Volume 14, Number 5
Rideshare Rewards Program Offers New Carpoolers a Cash Bonus
If you’ve ever considered joining a carpool, 511.org’s new Rideshare Rewards program makes it a great time to do it. New carpoolers can receive up to $100 in gas or Safeway gift cards during the course of the program, which runs now through October 31.
“Gasoline prices have shot past $3 a gallon, with experts predicting little relief later this spring or summer,” says Tad Widby, project manager for 511 Rideshare. “Rideshare Rewards gives new carpoolers a way to fight pain at the pump and ease the impact on the pocketbook.”
“As a major business in the region, we want to make sure we offer a significant percentage of our resources to help support the communities we serve,” said Jennifer Webber, public affairs director for Safeway’s Northern California Division. “Safeway is committed to making life a bit easier for busy families and individuals. A faster, less-stressful commute goes a long way toward that goal.”
Participating is easy. If you currently get to work by driving alone in your car and have not carpooled to work for more than three days in the last three months, you qualify. To get started, register online at rideshare.511.org or phone 511 and say “rideshare” for live assistance.
You’ll keep track of each day you carpool and fax those commute logs to 511 Rideshare. For every five days you use your new carpool, you’ll earn a gift card valued at $10. You can keep on earning gift cards to a total of $100.
If that isn’t a big enough incentive, 511 Rideshare is also running a contest which will award one Rideshare Rewards participant with a bonus prize of $1,000 in gas or Safeway gift cards when the program wraps up.
Rideshare 511 also offers incentive programs for new vanpools which provide $300 to $900 in gas cards to new vanpools that complete three to nine consecutive months of operation. Contact 511 Rideshare for all the details.
Of course, the real benefit is ridesharing. Carpoolers and vanpoolers save money, make friends, and help conserve the environment by lessening air pollution and production of greenhouse gases.
For additional information on the Rideshare Rewards program, including complete eligibility rules and participation guidelines, access rideshare.511.org and click on the Rideshare Rewards program or simply dial 511 and say, “rideshare.”
Also in this issue ...
- Shaklee Launches "A Million Trees, A Million Dreams" Global Environmental Campaign
- JAN-PRO Moves Regional Headquarters to PleasantonBusiness Bits
- Executive Profile: There are no Shortcuts from Nigeria to America - Or on the Road to Success, says Fabomi Ojuola
- Wunderlich-Malec Engineering Helps Major Northern California Industries Keep Control
- Access Ability Provides Full Range of Access Solutions for People with Restricted Mobility
- Tri-Valley Entertainment Offers Choices from the Sophisticated to the Raucous
- Rideshare Rewards Program Offers New Carpoolers a Cash Bonus
- 49ers Offer Exclusive Ticket Deal for Hacienda Tenants, Residents
- Give the Gift of Life May 31 at the Hacienda Blood Drive
- Come to the Faire Affair, A Celebration for the Children
- WHEELS Pass Renewal
- Hacienda Index